Confidentiality and Security Safeguards
DEXSTA Federal Credit Union is committed to making financial products and services
available that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial
goals while at the same time protecting your personal information and using it in a
manner consistent with your expectations.
Click here for DEXSTA Federal Credit Union's Privacy Notice
The Credit Union maintains strict policies and security controls to assure that
nonpublic personal information in the Credit Unionís computer systems and files are
- Credit Union employees and certain contractors are permitted access to nonpublic
personal information that they may need to perform their jobs and to provide
service to the members.
- Credit Union employees and contractors will have access to such nonpublic
personal information only as necessary to conduct a transaction or respond to a
- All Credit Union employees and contractors will be required to respect member
privacy through confidentiality and information security provisions included in
the Credit Unionís employee policy manual and service agreements with the
- No one except Credit Union employees and authorized contractors will have
regular access to the Credit Union computer system and records storage. The
Credit Union has established internal security controls, including physical,
electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the member nonpublic personal
information provided to the Credit Union and the information the Credit Union
collects about the member. The Credit Union will continue to review its internal
security controls to safeguard member nonpublic personal information as the
Credit Union employs new technology in the future.
Privacy of Electronic Transactions
- Account Access. Member account information and transactions will be protected
by a password that must be used in conjunction with a username or account
number. Members must apply for this capability and be registered with the Credit
Union for authentication purposes.
- Links. The Credit Union will frequently link to other sites as a convenience to our
members. The Credit Union will seek to link with other sites that adhere to similar
privacy standards. For all third-party links, the Credit Union will disclose the
- The member is leaving the Credit Unionís web site;
- The member is linking to an alternate web site not operated by the Credit Union;
- The Credit Union is not responsible for the content of the alternate web site;
- The Credit Union does not represent either the third party or the member if the
two enter into a transaction; and
- Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the Credit Union.
- Online Privacy of Childrenís Information. The Credit Union will not collect,
use or disclose online information received from children under age 13 without
prior parental notification and consent, which will include an opportunity for the
parent to prevent use of information and participation in the activity. Online
information will only be used to respond directly to the childís request and will
not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent
- The Credit Union will not distribute to third parties, other than its affiliate,
personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- The Credit Union will not post or otherwise distribute personally
identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- The Credit Union will not entice by the prospect of a special game, prize
or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate
in the activity.
- Personally identifiable information that is collected online from their
children may be reviewed by a parent or guardian upon written request.
The parent or guardian has the right to have information deleted and
instruct the Credit Union to cease collecting further information from their
PRIVACY COMPLIANCE. The Credit Union and its affiliates, if any, will comply
with all applicable laws and regulations governing the privacy, confidentiality, security,
and integrity of nonpublic personal information including the NCUA privacy rule (Part
716), the FTC privacy rule (Part 313) for affiliates, and all other applicable state and
federal privacy laws and regulations as amended.
Administration and Amendments
- Protecting member privacy is an ongoing process and the Credit Union will
continue to evaluate and review the measures taken to safeguard member
- The Credit Union will provide training to employees on how to recognize and
control risk to nonpublic personal information, how to handle nonpublic personal
information, and how to report unauthorized or fraudulent attempts to gain access
to nonpublic personal information.
- The Credit Union will create controls and procedures whereby any new product,
service, or delivery method shall be reviewed and modified to insure that it
conforms to existing Credit Union privacy policies with regards to nonpublic
- If nonpublic personal information is shared with vendors for business purposes,
all contracts and agreements between the vendors and the Credit Union will
include a guarantee that the vendor will safeguard such information.
- Because no policy can address every possible contingency and circumstance,
Credit Union management shall use its good faith business judgment in
employees will use good faith in their actions to protect the privacy of Credit
with disclosure to members as required by law.
Procedures for Opening a New Account
We follow the procedures outlined in the USA Patriot Act. Federal Law requires all
financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each
person who pens an account. DEXSTA will ask for name, address, date of birth and may
ask for your driver's license in an effort to help the government fight the funding
of terrorism. Protecting your personal information in accordance with federal laws
is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
Notice About Third Party Websites
Links to other websites are found on this homepage. DEXSTA does not operate these
other web sites and is not responsible for the content on the alternative sites nor
do we necessarily endorse the companies. DEXSTA does not represent either the third
party or the member if the two enter into a transaction. Privacy and security
policies may differ from those practiced by DEXSTA.