Confidentiality and Security Safeguards
DEXSTA Federal Credit Union is committed to making financial products and services available that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals while at the same time protecting your personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations.
DEXSTA Federal Credit Union’s Privacy Notice
The Credit Union maintains strict policies and security controls to assure that nonpublic personal information in the Credit Union’s computer systems and files are protected.
- Credit Union employees and certain contractors are permitted access to nonpublic personal information that they may need to perform their jobs and to provide service to the members.
- Credit Union employees and contractors will have access to such nonpublic personal information only as necessary to conduct a transaction or respond to a member’s inquiries.
- All Credit Union employees and contractors will be required to respect member privacy through confidentiality and information security provisions included in the Credit Union’s employee policy manual and service agreements with the contractors.
- No one except Credit Union employees and authorized contractors will have regular access to the Credit Union computer system and records storage. The Credit Union has established internal security controls, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the member nonpublic personal information provided to the Credit Union and the information the Credit Union collects about the member. The Credit Union will continue to review its internal security controls to safeguard member nonpublic personal information as the Credit Union employs new technology in the future.
Privacy of Electronic Transactions
- Account Access. Member account information and transactions will be protected by a password that must be used in conjunction with a username or account number. Members must apply for this capability and be registered with the Credit Union for authentication purposes.
- Links. The Credit Union will frequently link to other sites as a convenience to our members. The Credit Union will seek to link with other sites that adhere to similar privacy standards. For all third-party links, the Credit Union will disclose the following information:
- The member is leaving the Credit Union’s web site;
- The member is linking to an alternate website not operated by the Credit Union;
- The Credit Union is not responsible for the content of the alternate web site;
- The Credit Union does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction; and
- Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the Credit Union.
- Online Privacy of Children’s Information. The Credit Union will not collect, use or disclose online information received from children under age 13 without prior parental notification and consent, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of information and participation in the activity. Online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent
- The Credit Union will not distribute to third parties, other than its affiliate, personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- The Credit Union will not post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
- The Credit Union will not entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
- Personally identifiable information that is collected online from their children may be reviewed by a parent or guardian upon written request. The parent or guardian has the right to have information deleted and instruct the Credit Union to cease collecting further information from their child.
The Credit Union and its affiliates, if any, will comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the privacy, confidentiality, security, and integrity of nonpublic personal information including the NCUA privacy rule (Part 716), the FTC privacy rule (Part 313) for affiliates, and all other applicable state and federal privacy laws and regulations as amended.
Administration and Amendments
- Protecting member privacy is an ongoing process and the Credit Union will continue to evaluate and review the measures taken to safeguard member information.
- The Credit Union will provide training to employees on how to recognize and control risk to nonpublic personal information, how to handle nonpublic personal information, and how to report unauthorized or fraudulent attempts to gain access to nonpublic personal information.
- The Credit Union will create controls and procedures whereby any new product, service, or delivery method shall be reviewed and modified to insure that it conforms to existing Credit Union privacy policies with regards to nonpublic personal information.
- If nonpublic personal information is shared with vendors for business purposes, all contracts and agreements between the vendors and the Credit Union will include a guarantee that the vendor will safeguard such information.
Procedures for Opening a New Account
We follow the procedures outlined in the USA Patriot Act. Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who pens an account. DEXSTA will ask for name, address, date of birth and may ask for your driver’s license in an effort to help the government fight the funding of terrorism. Protecting your personal information in accordance with federal laws is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
Notice About Third Party Websites
Links to other websites are found on this homepage. DEXSTA does not operate these other web sites and is not responsible for the content on the alternative sites nor do we necessarily endorse the companies. DEXSTA does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by DEXSTA.