DEXSTA Private Student Loans
DEXSTA Federal Credit Union offers private student loans to help students and families cover the costs
of college or graduate school. If you have a remaining balance to pay after exhausting your financial aid
sources of scholarships, grants, work study and federal student loans, a private student loan may be the
answer. The DEXSTA Private Student Loan is available to undergraduate students at an amount of up to
$45,000* annually and graduate students at an amount of up to $60,000* annually to help pay for tuition,
fees, room and board and other qualified expenses.
Features and Benefits:
How to qualify for a student loan
- Borrow up to $45,000* annually for Undergraduate loans, and $60,000* annually for Graduate loans
- No payments required until 6 months after graduation
- Take up to 15 years to pay back the loan
- Reduce your interest rate by 0.25% when you elect to have your student loan payments
automatically withdrawn from your DEXSTA checking or savings account
- Receive a 0.25% interest rate reduction after 48 consecutive on-time payments
- Interest rates are based on the Prime rate and range from Prime plus 1.75% to 9.74%
- Loan fees range from 2% to 8%
- A cosigner is not required if the student is creditworthy and over 18**. You are encouraged to
apply with a creditworthy cosigner to increase your chances of being approved and obtaining a
lower interest rate and/or loan fee.
- Members may request that the cosigner be released after 48 consecutive on-time payments
- There are no prepayment penalties which means that you may make higher monthly payments
or pay the loan off at any time without penalty
- Applying for a private student loan is easy and convenient through our online application,
The borrower must be:
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- At least age 18 or apply with a qualified co-signer**
- Attending school on a half-time basis or more at an eligible college or university (our school list
is provided in the application)
- Creditworthy (having a satisfactory credit score and credit history); or you should apply with a
cosigner who meets these conditions
- A member of DEXSTA Federal Credit Union. If you are not currently a member, you will be asked
to complete a membership application after you apply for your student loan. For information
on becoming a member, click here.
View the Truth in Lending statement for a Private Student Loan to
learn more about costs.
Click here to apply for
a DEXSTA Undergraduate Student Loan now!
Click here to apply for
a DEXSTA Graduate Student Loan now!
for a private education loan counseling tool.
* Annual loan limits will be determined by the school using the cost of attendance minus financial aid.
** Or age of majority